Eye Doc of Boca is the premier destination for contact lens prescriptions. Delray Beach FL area residents; call us today if you need new contact lenses! 561-995-9600 to speak with a board certified optometrist and receive a full eye examination. Our optometry practice is conveniently located at 3011 Yamato Road in the A-17 suite at the heart of Boca Raton FL.
Contact Lenses Information
Here at Eye Doc of Boca, we understand the importance of proper care for your contact lenses. We have created a list of guidelines for you to follow to ensure that your risk for eye infection or damaging your lenses is absolutely minimized:
- Before handling lenses, wash your hands with soap and water, then rinse and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- Minimize contact with water, including removing lenses before going swimming or in a hot tub.
- Contact lenses should not be rinsed with or stored in water (tap or sterile water).
- Do not put your lenses in your mouth to wet them. Saliva is not a sterile solution.
- Do not use saline solution and rewetting drops to disinfect lenses. Neither is an effective or approved disinfectant.
- Wear and replace lenses according to the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional.
- Follow the specific contact lens cleaning and storage guidelines from your eye care professional and the solution manufacturer.
- During cleaning, rub your lenses with your fingers, then rinse the lenses with solution before soaking them. This “rub and rinse” method is considered by some experts to be a superior method of cleaning, even if the solution you are using is a “no-rub” variety.
- Rinse the lens case with fresh solution — not water. Then leave the empty case open to air dry.
- Keep the lens case clean and replace it regularly, at least every three months. Lens cases can be a source of contamination and infection. Do not use cracked or damaged lens cases.